- When registering for The Exiled, each player must pay an Entrance Fee of $25
- The Entrance Fee gives players access to the game, and not ownership of any cards in the Card Pool.
- Players will be handed a pack of sleeves, a single booster pack for your deck, this pack’s contents is considered a part of the Card Pool, and not the ownership of the player that it has been allocated to.
- The Exiled has a maximum of four (4) players;
Rules of Deck Creation
- The Exiled is a variant of Mini-Master (also known as Pack Wars) located at https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/casual-formats-2008-08-11 and follows those rules of deck creation, but also requires:
- When opening your pack, remove the bottom two cards of your deck (the basic non-land and the token) without looking at any other cards,
- As per Mini-master, you may now insert your lands and shuffle your deck ready for play;
- If you choose to sleeve your cards, you must sleeve them without looking at any cards in your library; (no peeking)
Rules of the Exiled
- The Exiled is a variant of the Multiplayer Free-for-All/Circle rules located at https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/casual-formats-2008-08-11, but includes:
- All players begin with 10 life;
- Players cannot mulligan any of their opening hands;
- Players can only lose if they are defeated by another player ig. Swing for leathal, cause them to draw an extra card out of their libraries, infect damage, etc…
- If a player is required to draw a card as part of their Draw Step but cannot, they do not immediately lose the game, they will just keep on playing with what they have;
- Players cannot reduce their own life total below 1. If a spell they would cast would reduce their life total below 1 or cause them to lose the game, they cannot cast that spell;
- If a player casts a spell or activates or triggers an ability that allows them to search their library, it does not resolve;
- Spells that have Scrye are permitted and resolve normally;
- When a player loses the game, all cards NOT in their library are immediately placed into that player’s Exiled Zone. These cards are then moved to the Exiled Zone of the player that caused you to lose the game;
- Players are not permitted to look at any cards in their library after losing the game and prior to shuffling it into another player’s library.
Don’t be that person, you entered this competition knowing the booster pack you were given didn’t belong to you